Registration will begin on March 19, 2018 at 8:00 am and close May 25, 2018 at 5:00 pm. To register for a class, click on the link.
For all USTAR Courses
- Students are required to be on time and attend all classes. Students who accumulate more than 12 hours of tardies or absences will receive a NC or no credit (with a doctor's note) or fail (without a note). The exception will be classes that are taught on a per quarter basis. Students may miss up to 3 hours per quarter without loss of credit in those courses.
- All classes will receive weekly progress reports and one final grade that is added in the fall quarter.
- Students may take one USTAR summer core class.
- Students may attend classes at any school but transportation is not available.
- A class may be cancelled if a minimum of 15 students do not register for the class.
Secondary Math 1
- Description: This course will include the entire secondary math 1 core. Students may take the course for acceleration or for remediation. The course is divided into quarters so that students who need to make up credits can take the quarter that they need. Students who are taking the course for acceleration will need to take the SAGE exam at the end of the course.
- Location: South Jordan Middle School
- Instructors: Laurie Petersen and Jace Southwick
- Dates and Times:
- Full Year Course (see dates and times below)
- Quarter 1: June 5-8 and June 11-14 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Quarter 2: June 15, June 18-22 and June 25-26 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Quarter 3: June 27-29, July 2-3, and July 9-11 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Quarter 4: July 12-13 and July 16-20 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Links to Register:
- Full Year: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ustar-secondary-math-1-full-year-2018-registration-43568233760
- Quarter 1: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ustar-secondary-math-1-quarter-1-2018-registration-43568553717
- Quarter 2: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ustar-secondary-math-1-quarter-2-2018-registration-43568607879
- Quarter 3: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ustar-secondary-math-1-quarter-3-2018-registration-43569052208
- Quarter 4: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ustar-secondary-math-1-quarter-4-2018-registration-43569180592
Secondary Math 1 Honors Topics Only
- Description: This course is for students who have already taken Secondary Math 1 and would like to transition to the honors track for Secondary Math 2 or 3. Topics will include: operations with vectors, operations with matrices, solving systems of equations with matrices, and representing the average rate of change as the slope of the secant line.
- Location: Bingham High School, Room M102
- Instructors: Noelani Ioane and Rebecca Wells
- Dates and Times: June 6-8 and June 11-15 from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Link to Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ustar-secondary-math-1-honors-topics-only-2018-registration-43570745272